Shotwell is a free photo organizer for the GNOME desktop. It lets you import photos from disk or camera, organize them in various ways, view them in full-window or fullscreen mode, and export them to share with others.
Send a message with a subject: of `subscribe` to email@example.com or go here. An archive of past mailing list messages is available at http://lists.yorba.org/pipermail/shotwell. The mailing list is also mirrored on Nabble.
You can contact the Shotwell team directly at <shotwell at yorba.org>. Shotwell IRC discussion takes place on #shotwell at irc.gnome.org . (The Shotwell developers tend to use email more than IRC, so if nobody seems to be around on #shotwell then you might want to try sending to the mailing list.) There is a Flickr group for Shotwell users.
The list of Shotwell tickets shows all features and bug fixes planned for Shotwell. Contributions to Shotwell are always welcome. We're happy to receive patches containing new features or bug fixes, as well as bug reports, translations, artwork or documentation. To submit a patch, please format it using `git format-patch`, attach it to a new or existing Shotwell ticket, and change the ticket's status to Review. If you're interested in hacking on the Shotwell code, please read
- the extensive architecture overview describing Shotwell's various subsystems and data structures,
- the Yorba coding conventions,
- the Shotwell coding guidelines,
- how to write plugins for Shotwell,
- and the internationalization guide.
The Shotwell page at Transifex.net shows our current translation status. We accept translations exclusively through Transifex. If you're interested in contributing to the translation effort, see the internationalization guide for information on how to get started.
Comparisons with other applications¶
Testing and performance¶
- Shotwell 0.14 Test Plan
- Shotwell 0.12 Test Plan
- Shotwell performance testing
- Import timing comparison
- Pipeline performance test
- Automated testing
- Facebook/Flickr/Web services wishlist
- Glade & internationalization
- AVI samples
- How to build from source in Debian
- Summer of Code project ideas
- Summer of Code 2011: Adding Positional Tags to Shotwell
- Summer of Code 2011: Improve Shotwell slideshow
- RAW processing